March 06, 2011

Hi there! And welcome to the relaunch of my blog! I can't think of a better way to kick it off than by being part of the Scrappin' Great Deals Blog Hop that introduces you to all of us SGD DIVAs! Thanks for stopping by!

If you didn't arrive here from the SCRAPPIN' GREAT DEALS BLOG HOP, make sure you head back there and hop through all of the wonderful blogs of our store's Divas and Designers. Make sure to leave comments on each blog for a chance at some BLOG CANDY!

So, the purpose of this hop? So that you can get to know each of us just a little bit better than you maybe already do!

My name is Carol and I just celebrated my second anniversary at Scrappin' Great Deals! I feel so lucky every day that I have a job - is it even fair to call it that? - that I LOVE! Although time has not permitted it as often lately, I not only work in the store and ocassionally design with the monthly kits, but I also teach classes at SGD. I think I am most fondly known as the Cricut Queen or Contessa ;) (And for those waiting, there will be a Cricut 101 class scheduled sooner than later - I promise!) I LOVE being able to help customers learn new techniques and get as excited as we do about new products. Helping you preserve your memories in a fun and creative way is fun for me, too!

Outside of the store, I have been married to my sweetie, Shawn, for almost 12 years. We have two gorgeous kids. My daughter, Elsie is 7 1/2 years old and has become a competitive dancer this year... so I have a new title as DANCE MOM... which I love! My son, Tanner will be 10 years old in just a few weeks. Tanner is a swimmer and soccer player. I love the title of SOCCER MOM, too! Tanner does have Down syndrome and Autism, which brings its own sets of challenges but it also brings unconditional love and acceptance. We are all better people for having him in our lives! Through him we have met many incredible people and have helped many other families that have been blessed with special kids. I have also rediscovered a love of photography and have recently been kept busy creating altered items, scrapbooks, and other goodies for friends and family.

I was hoping to have a new layout about me to post, but just couldn't find a spare moment. LOL I do have this layout to share. Before I was working, I belonged to a Just For Moms support group for moms with kids with special needs. We each did a layout about ourselves to share with the others. So, you'll see that my role hasn't changed too much over the past few years... if anything, it has just been enriched.



NOW. Head on over to Aimee's blog to meet the mother/daughter duo of Cheri and Aimee.

Oh, and please feel free to become a follower of my blog!

23 comments:

Unknown said...

Beautiful page! You have a lot of titles going for you! How do you do it? with a smile I bet :)

Anonymous said...

Sent here via Scrappin Great Deals! Nice to see the faces behind the names.

Shelley Feiffer

Anonymous said...

This is a good way to spend a snowy Sunday morning. Sue Strybosch

Shelley S. said...

I too love the Cricut (just got one this past Christmas) and I am a dance Aunt!! You are an inspiration with such a great story about your kids, and still having the time to work at SGD. Nice to match the names with the faces I see when I go there.

Jenn Joncas said...

You are one lucky girl!!! I would love to work in a scrapbooking store (: Your children are beautiful!!
This blog hop is such a good idea, I'm getting to see the faces that go with the names I see all of the time (:

Deena said...

I too am a dance mom...leads to a really busy schedule...

Lisa said...

wonderful job on the layout!!

Jen said...

Fabulous page Carol!! Can't wait to see what else you put on your blog.

Quilting with Jannette said...

It's funny that moms seem to always be behind the camera - maybe it's because we're always behind whatever our family is up to - we're in the background, making them look good up front...

Carole Moore said...

Nice page. I'm enjoying getting to know the SGD ladies.

Sheetal Ahlawat said...

Your kids are soo cute Carol. Have a nice day :)

Dee in N.H. said...

Great page! Healer of boo-boo's just made me grin!

Jeanette M. said...

Nice layout.
I've only recently found this wonderful store and blog, so it is nice to see everyone's great work and get to know them.

Linda S said...

Great layout! You are onebusy but blessed Mom!! I am a new follower. Thanks for your inspiration!
smilin2.blogspot.com

doverdi said...

Great layout! TFS!

Rebecca said...

Lovely page. You are one busy Mom. Working in a scrapbook store would be trouble for me. I would be on an episode of Hoarders lol.

Barb said...

You're right Carol, you are sooooo luck to work in a Scrapbook store!

Loved your layout, can't wait for one of your cricut classes.

Barb

KanataNewf said...

A terrific page - sums it all up so beautifully!

Andrea Murdock said...

awww, what a great re-launch of your bloggy! even though i already know you I loved reading your deets and seeing your sweet layout xoxo

Unknown said...

so pretty! Love the papers!

Lori said...

Beautiful page and beautiful story Carol!! Love it!! Thanks for sharing!

Debora Solarski said...

Wish I could take one of your Cricut classes. I too am a stay at home mom and being able to work part time is just perfect. Love the picture of your kids!

Styles in Paper said...

Lovely layout! I'm a cutter fan too, one of my many obsessions lol