October 17, 2008
A quick and easy Gift Card holder
I was taught to make this gift card holder by a dear friend of mine. It is perfect for those hard-to-buy for on your gift lists. And, perfect for holding those new Tim Horton's gift cards I love to give to the bus driver at Christmas!
I have been asked by some of the Moms in my Wednesday moms group on how to make them, so I thought I would share the instructions here. These gift card holders are great because the gift card is held in by the ribbon! No lost cards from loose envies.
The paper begins as a 5 1/2" by 4 1/4" piece. You will be able to get 4 of these from one 8 1/2" by 11" sheet of paper.
1. Score the piece at 1/2" and again at 2 1/2".
2. I then embossed the paper after I had cut and scored it. It will just fit in the Cuttlebug embossing folder. (optional, but looks great!)
3. Fold over and crease where you have scored at the 1/2" end. With the "outside" area facing you, put glue on the 1/2" fold area. Also glue along the bottom edge of one end of the paper. Fold at the 2 1/2" score mark and make an envelope.
4. I then crimped the bottom.
5. Use a 3/4" circle punch and punch a HALF circle at the open end. Punch a 1/8" hole (reg hole punch) underneath the first punch.
6. Insert the ribbon from the back all the way through the front hole. Match up the ends of the ribbon to have a somewhat uniform length.
7. Then, you insert the gift card and allow it to push the ribbon inside the envie. Tie the ends in a bow, and viola!